Full course description
OSC has partnered with The Ohio State University to offer online training courses that clients can complete at their own pace at any time on the ScarletCanvas platform, Ohio State's public learning management system. The course is open to all current and potential OSC clients or anyone with an interest in high performance computing, regardless of affiliation with Ohio State.
This course will walk you through the concepts and tools needed to use OSC's clusters for your research. The focus is on new clients who have not used our systems before, but it can be a good refresher on services and changes to our resources.
- High performance computing concepts
- Hardware and software available at OSC
- Storage and file systems
- How to start a new project and request resources
- How to use our web portal OnDemand
- Introduction to batch processing